Why I Love Scrappin'
... Let me count the ways, 5 to be exact. Though there are bound to be dozens more reasons why, these are the biggies.
I used the lovely February 2011 DAD kit created by Statements by Jodi. The browns are so warm and the teals just gorgeous!
Fonts: Berlin Sans FB Regular (title), Mistral Regular (journaling)
Journal strips read as follows:
(1) Asking me why I scrapbook is like asking me why I read ... because I’d go crazy without it! Thirty years ago, I learned an important fact about myself, that unless I read before bed each night, whether a little or a lot, I become unsettled. Once I started scrapbooking, I discovered the same is true.
(2) I’ve worked as an editor, librarian, and English teacher all my life, professions that require a lot of exactness. Now I want to be messy. I want to play with colors, shapes, and design instead of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
(3) In 1965, I began a book of clippings and quotes, taping everything down. In the 1980s, I bought magnetic albums from Walmart and learned about acid the hard way. In 2005 I spent a fortune on eBay buying paper, embellishments, and rubber stamps. Then I discovered digital scrapbooking and totally fell in love with it.
(4) The digital scrapbooking community is the most supportive online community I have ever encountered. Forget Facebook! The people one gets to know at sites like GingerScraps are the real thing! And when a catastrophe happens somewhere in the world or when one of their members suffers a loss, the outpour of compassion and help is amazing.
(5) Living more than 2,000 miles away from family and friends is sometimes lonely. By posting the layouts I create at various places on the WWW, folks back home can keep up with what I’m doing and I can show them my love, especially my four beautiful grandchildren.